Friday 3 January 2014

Still tickin' on Day 3

Day 3 already.. well this just must be some kind of record! I am not a resolution junkie.. I am a list making junkie, post-it note junkie, nice pen junkie, and a sharpie junkie. Yes, you are right I am a teacher and the two just might be connected.

Anyways, I do often create start dates for myself where I will proclaim things such as but not limited to, "On Monday I am quitting sugar!" or "Next Monday, I will eat no more chocolate or chips ever, ever again!" and lastly, "On Monday, I will eat only fruits, vegetables, chicken and fish- FOREVER!". At times, I have even thrown away large amounts of food from my cupboards that didn't fit my brand new crazy eating habits. This is sad. What a waste. Inevitably, this may last all of 2 days until something comes up and my brand new lifestyle doesn't fit in and I give in a little then that whole day is "ruined" in my mind, then the whole week and by day 3 or 4 the whole thing is OVER. Then I am so so sad. I tell myself I am weak and that I don't deserve to be happy about my body because I am not "strong enough" to keep up with some crazed standard I set for myself. 

Well, thank goodness that tomfoolery is over with! Now, I am just implementing some small changes to help myself feel better and not feel like a lazed sloth. I am doing something to get me moving every day. I am drinking more water and eating more vegetables.
There has been many different days where I physically and mentally feel sick. I can't tell you how many days I have been at school and my stomach feels terrible- probably because I've treated it like a trash can! I am currently not eliminating anything from my diet but I am limiting certain things and know I won't crave them as much soon. It's like detox for a drug addict (except I do not know what that is actually like) but I do know a lot of foods I have been stuffing in my pie hole probably contain enough chemicals to be considered drugs.

I am so excited to be continuing with this new attitude and working on my habits! Lovin' 2014 so far (yaya I know it is only 3 days in out of 365)

I hope everyone has had a great day!

8 comments:

  1. I hear you! I've totally thrown away my whole entire pantry before :-/ I love how you printed the calendar and you're using stars! Shiny stars! I think I need to do the same :)

    And you said it best.....I've been treating my stomach like a trash can. Well, it's time to take our the garbage and start feeling better!

    -Christy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shiny stars take you to the next level so I figured it was a good idea,
      Thanks for reading and commenting! I LOVE your site!! You girls do an awesome job putting good info out there. THANK YOU!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great attitude! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have done the same thing soooooo many times with "I'm gonna..." then "I blew it..." then "I suck..." but this time I'm hoping will be different! I'm not even beating myself up for dropping the ball on the squats & pushups already ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beating yourself up just makes things ten times worse... I am really trying to not treat myself so poorly. It`s strange but it is actually kind of challenging. Good luck! :)

      Delete
  5. Love the stars! Good to see the success! Remember if things don't go as planned just move on and don't continue to focus on that. Focus your energy on what you can change because you can't change what has past.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stars rock! I'm totally stealing this! Maybe it'll help me stick with it. I am with you on the small changes! I find that every time I try to make big changes, I tend to fail at them, because I tend to get overwhelmed, but small changes seem to be easier to stick to.

    ReplyDelete